Marketing and Event Manager
Type of Employment
Full-time (40 hrs per week) for 2 years, extendible to a permanent position upon new agreement
Scandinavia Haining Center (www.hainingcenter.com) offers consultant service in business promotion, investment acquisition, event organization and talent acquisition to public authorities and companies from China. The company’s current focus is business promotion for multiple cities in China. The company manages a kick-off grant for technology SMEs from Sweden to launch their business in China. The company runs a yearly startup competition aiming at distributing its kick-off grant to qualified companies. The company has its HQ in Hangzhou, China and has a small office in Kista, Sweden.
You sort, screen and evaluate the applications for our competition, according to prescribed criteria. Communication with entrepreneurs attending the competition is part of your daily routine. You keep track on the development of the companies receiving our kick-off grant. You source for qualified event suppliers and work closely with them on practical details required by events ranging from conferences of 200+ participants to seminar of 20 attendees. You write proposals and publish blogs regarding our events. You also actively promote our services and events in the entrepreneurial eco-system. You develop and maintain the company’s visual identity on web, Linkedin and Wechat. The job requires travel to China at least twice a year.
We expect you are:
- detailed oriented
- of strong sense of responsibility
- people oriented
- Ms.c in engineering, industrial management, business, finance
- good command of Chinese and English in both speaking and writing
- proficiency in Office 365 components incl. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint.
- proficiency in Google doc or equivalent online editor.
- proficiency in at least one online marketing tool
Excellent to have:
- entry-level experience in web development (WordPress, Wix)
- 1+ year experience of marketing in a technology company.
- 2+ year experience of event organization
- proficiency in Swedish
- basic programming skills in either Matlab, latex or python
- experience in financial analysis
- position of high impact
- meeting with many entrepreneurs
- flexible working hour
- full compensation
- wellness allowance
- paid trip to China
How to apply:
Application including your CV and a short cover letter can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The post is closed when the position is filled.